Thursday, June 28, 2012

Recharging My Soul

I was cleaning out my bookcase the other day, and came across Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I dusted it off and started re-reading it last night.  I forgot what a lovely, amazing book this is, filled with insightful advice on age, love, peace, solitude, and contentment penned from her time on vacation by the sea.  Written in 1955, it's still relevant today filled with wisdom and beauty.

 One of my favorite lines from the book....

“The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient.


 To dig for treasures shows not only impatience and greed, but lack of faith.


 Patience, patience, patience, is what the sea teaches.
 

 Patience and faith,

  One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach


 —waiting for a gift from the sea.”

1 comment:

  1. ...oh the beautiful sea!
    it is truly one of the only places that brings my soul to it's knees!!!
    and the treasures that await ~ can not be carried away in a pocket, but rather in ones heart...

    ~sigh~

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete