Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bicycle Basket Re-Do

I recently purchased this plain, simple wicker bicycle basket for $25 at Kmart, but it was just too plain...so this weekend I  finally got around to making it beach chic.  I painted the entire basket with white gesso, added the linen basket liner, glued on shell buttons and some scraps of old lace trim I had. I then glued the tin heart with a hot glue gun and decoupaged the collage on the heart and sealed the entire piece. Now I need to find the perfect bike....

BEFORE
AFTER
DETAIL

3 comments:

  1. love it! I have a vintage one with leather straps, I just cannot bring myself to paint it, but I could line it and put some fun things on the outside. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! love the detailed pic of the heart collage with bird! thanks for linking up to Vintage Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I got 1 last yr for Mother's Day for my pink bicycle

    ReplyDelete